Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Picking Team Canada

With the Olypmic's coming up, I thought it would be fun to predict Team Canada's roster.

Nash - Crosby - Iginla
Heatley - Thornton - Marleau
Smyth - Getzlaf - Perry
Morrow - Toews - Richards
Doan
Stamkos

Pronger - Keith
Neidermayer - Rhegher
Boumeister - Weber
Doughty

Brodeur
Luongo
Ward

The lines I use feature a couple sets of players with established chemistry - Heatley/Thornton and Getzlaf/Perry. I'm very open to the idea of Penner over Smyth to play with Getzlaf and Perry who have been successful before for Anaheim. Being an Oilers fan I refused to allow my homerism to reflect in my lines so I left Penner off. But if Steve Yzerman picks him I'll be thrilled. The other move I'd consider is St Louis over Marleau. Stamkos likely wouldn't see the ice in the deciding games thought. Also as I coach I'd use a short leash on Thornton. He has yet to bring it when it matters but is too good to leave off the roster. For a similar reason, I'd chose Brodeur over Luongo.

Oh ya and Crosby would be my captain. Iginla and Neidermayer as assistants.

GO CANADA!!
blog comments powered by Disqus